April 8, 2012


Friday afternoon Morgan asked if she could go to a movie with a friend and have her friend sleep over.  I wasn't sure at first because I had had a rough night Thursday night and part of Friday morning. But then I decided that it would be good for her to spend some time with a friend and I'd be fine having someone over.  So, Corey took Morgan up to the movie theatre to meet her friend and then hit up Wal-mart and Kroger to take care of our shopping needs.  He decided to pick up pizza for dinner on the way home to make everything nice & easy for when the girls were done at the movies.  Well, the girls got out of the movie and the friend's mom dropped them off at our house.  Corey got the pizza & texted me that he was heading home.  Well, a few minutes later I get another text that the car won't start and he'll have to wait about 10 minutes to try it again (this anti-theft thing in the steering column of the car).  So, time passes on and I get texts from him that the car still isn't starting.  Our options are either me try to drive to pick him up OR contact someone else that could do it.  See, I'm not cleared to drive yet and I had just taken a pain pill (not a good thing).  So, I called my mom and she headed out to get him.  Our worry at this point was that the groceries were going to go bad.  Ugh!  He finally got home an hour after getting the pizza.  *Phew*  He also had talked to the manager to make sure he could leave the car there overnight & get it on Saturday.   The kids were all great Friday night...we watched movies & had pizza...just had a good time.  Saturday the girls just hung out listening to music, watching movies on dvd and being silly.  They went to see another movie Saturday afternoon before Laura went home.  I think they are trying to make plans again for this coming weekend too.  It has been a while since they've hung out and I think they realize just how much they've missed it.  On Saturday afternoon I sent Alex with Corey to run some errands.  Alex has been great about staying with me when Corey has to run Morgan places and I wanted him to get out of the house some.  I think both of my guys were nervous about leaving me home all alone for the first time since surgery.  It went just fine.  LOL!  Mainly, I read, played online, and crashed out in my recliner thanks to a pain pill.

Happy Easter to you and your family.  This year I decided that I was going to make up baskets for the kids but also one for my mom and brother.  I figure it has been years since anyone has made them a basket for Easter.  So yesterday, Alex helped me get out the baskets and all the candy.  Everyone got a solid chocolate bunny, some peanut butter eggs, Cadbury cream eggs, and cookies & cream bunnies.  Then we took all of our plastic eggs and filled them with jelly beans, mini Cadbury chocolate eggs, and M&M's.  My mom got a special giant egg filled with jordan almonds (since she can't eat the peanut butter eggs).  Then we added a little something for each person...Morgan got a special soda, Alex a game, Mom some flower seeds, and my brother a bottle of beer and a Nashville Sounds baseball schedule.  The kids got to have their baskets this morning and my mom & brother got their basket when they came over for dinner today.  For dinner we had ham slices (from our CSA). potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, and desserts.   I was too stuffed from dinner so I haven't had dessert yet.

Today is day 12 with my new knee.  Everything is going well.  I'm doing more repetitions when I do my exercises, I'm good about getting out of the recliner on my own, getting myself dressed & ready.  My biggest issue is not being able to do stuff because of the walker...so I need someone to get stuff for me all of the time. I'll be glad when I don't have to do that anymore.


Post a Comment

<< Home